WHAT IS PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT?
Physiotherapy sessions that focus on maximizing function and quality of life (physically, emotionally and socially), while minimizing pain and suffering. We work on getting you back to doing the things you love.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM PAIN MANAGEMENT PHYSIOTHERAPY SESSIONS?
1. Thorough assessment: to understand the history and background as well as the current impact pain has on your life. We will also look at the many factors that affect the pain experience:
2. Goal Setting: Coming up with functional goals you want to work on. It is important that your goals are specific and meaningful to you. Your goals will help dictate what your individual treatment plan will look like and what the best course of care is for you.
The science of pain: What is it? Why do we need it?
Neuroplasticity: What is it and how can we use it to optimize recovery?
Pain Management Strategies: coming up with your own unique recipe to manage your pain.
Behaviour Change: we will discuss what things are working for you, what things may not be working, and how we can work on changing them.
Resources: sharing resources that are specific to your personal experience.
4. Hands-on therapy: This may include massage, joint mobilizations, IMS (intramuscular stimulation/dry needling). These strategies work on the nervous system and can be used to help you move with more ease.
5. Movement: We will work together to figure out the right dose of activity for your body.
6. Active Participation: To reach your goals it is vital you take an active role in your pain management.